Welcome to the Little Green Apple
Sew It - Show It Challenge!
The March Sew It - Show It Challenge is being hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt. I don't know where Carol comes up with these great ideas, but they are always loads of fun! Thank you, Carol, for all your hard work and creativity.
This month Carol has challenged us to sew something in green or apple fabric, or both! I have challenged myself this year to use up my stash and not buy new. Can you believe it? In two rooms full of fabric, I do not have a scrap of apple fabric.
Green apples are a little too sour for me to eat raw, but they make excellent pies. For my project, I decided to make a table runner featuring Green Apple Pie.
whole Granny Smith apples
8-ounce cans of crescent rolls
sticks of butter
- 1 1/2 c.
- 1 tsp.
Cinnamon, to taste
12-ounce can Mountain Dew soda
- 1Peel and core apples.
- 2Cut each apple into 8 slices each.
- 3Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll.
- 4Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- 5Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 6 Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.